We have been busily working on the truck, but we have not been updating the blog as much as we had been. We have put a ton of work into paint prepping, masking, and painting the rest of the frame. The frame is painted and finished now. We are moving on to paint prepping the cab.
We painted the frame with Rust-Oleum Gloss Black protective enamel. We had read that Rust-Oleum would spray well from a LPHV gun when cut 15%, but we found that it needed to be cut closer to 30% to spray well. We tried tests with thinning it with acetone and xylene. Xylene worked the best. Overall, the frame looks really great.
One nice thing about using Rust-Oleum is that you can touch up with a spray can later.